Customer Support Manager (Europe)
At Vero, we help customer-focused teams use real-time data to send high quality email messages.
We enable engineers and marketers to work together to track, store and organise their data and workflows to power more useful email campaigns. We've tracked over six billion actions for more than five hundred million end-users and we're growing quickly.
About the role
Great Customer Support is crucial and something we take seriously at Vero. We're looking for a Customer Support Manager to join our team and own our Support Process, working with our Support Engineers and engaging directly with Vero's customers, large and small.
Our customers regularly praise our Customer Support as one of the areas Vero excels above not only the competition but all other support interactions they have online.
You will work closely with our Head of Customer Success, taking over the day-to-day responsibilities of running our help desk, community chat (in Slack) and really own the "voice of the customer". You'll be responsible for answering tickets, prioritising requests as they come in and going above and beyond to help resolve any issue great or small for our customers.
You'll have a keen eye for larger trends and share valuable insights from customer conversations that inform product decisions and improvements.
- Respond to customer inquiries via email (using Help Scout) or chat (in our community Slack channel).
- Be aware of long-term customer relationships and constantly strive to help customers get the most out of Vero.
- Co-ordinate and project manage the resolution of tickets by collaborating with and co-ordinating our Support Engineering Team to ensure fast resolutions.
- Co-ordinate with our Support Engineering Team to ensure that work is fairly and effectively distributed and that no one team member bears too much weight.
- Work alongside the Product Team to test new features.
- Collaborate with other teams as the "voice of the customer", driving issue resolution and gathering feedback to improve the product.
- Read between the lines to provide solutions to the root problems facing our customers, rather than bandaid fixes.
- Educate and empower our customers to get the most out of Vero.
You are excited to be working on the front line, directly with our customers. You have integrity, believe in values-based decisions and always strive to do the right thing by Vero's customers. You are humble and listen to customers, taking on board their advice and input.
To deliver the fast, thorough and personal support our customers expect (and deserve), you need to have a good instinct for prioritising requests and approach each customer with a a deep level of empathy.
You enjoy working in a lean team, co-ordinating with multiple stakeholders across the business. Challenges excite you and you get satisfaction from rising to meet them. You feel confident in making decisions and working autonomously (once you understand the context and values Vero holds).
You have a knack for learning technical language and making it understandable.
- 3+ years in a Customer Success role at a B2B software business.
- Results-driven: what you begin, you feel you must complete.
- Experience in a small team where you have had to work autonomously and own deadlines and goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You are familiar with a popular SaaS help desk system such as Zendesk, Groove or Help Scout
- You are comfortable working with modern productivity tools such as Google Docs, Notion and Asana.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work. Work in the way that produces the best results. Many of our team members work from home one day a week, others come to the office every day and many are completely remote. We’re committed to helping you feel like you can be the happiest and most productive you and always look for the best person to fill a role, regardless of where and how they work.
- Team Retreat. We host an annual team retreat (last year we went to Bali) to get together as a team, challenge the status-quo and explore new parts of the world.
- Set the scene. As our first hire in this area you will have a dramatic impact on the growth of the company. As a small team, you’ll be working with highly motivated, fast-thinking and intelligent team members from multiple walks of life.
- You can learn more about life at Vero on our website.