Business Development Manager
At Vero, we help customer-focused teams use real-time data to send high quality email messages.
We enable engineers and marketers to work together to track, store and organise their data and workflows to power more useful email campaigns. We've tracked over six billion actions for more than five hundred million end-users and we're growing quickly.
About the role
We are looking for a high-performing, self-motivated sales person looking to be one of the first employees in Vero's growth team. You will identify, approach and educate potential mid-market customers about Vero and it's potential value for them.
Our focus is on finding customers that are the ideal fit and ensuring they understand Vero's functionality and benefits.
Vero's customers are smart and sophisticated. Potential customers want to speak to someone who understands their problems and can help share whether Vero can or cannot help them in a meaningful way. You'll be the first face our customers interact with at Vero and they'll be looking to you to help them get the most from our product.
This role is critical to driving growth at Vero and you will be responsible for meeting sales targets and KPIs.
We believe the key to a successful, scalable SaaS business is finding efficient ways to help the customer get what they need. As a BDM at Vero, your job is to ensure potential mid-market customers understand how Vero can help them solve their needs.
For our customers, buying is driven both by the CMO and, more and more frequently, a lead engineer or the CTO. The best businesses realise that these functions need to work well together in order to deliver clean, consistent customer experiences across their product and related channels. As such, new customers have specific questions that they want answered quickly and with rigour.
Your focus will be on ensuring that new customers have their questions answered quickly and that they fully understand Vero's capabilities and how we can help meet their needs.
To perform well in this role, you'll need:
- A high level of attention to detail.
- A new business / "hunter" mentality.
- Experience selling mid-large ERP software solutions.
- A high EQ and strong written and verbal communication. This role regularly calls for the ability to read between the lines / read the room and to know when to push and when to tread carefully. We want our customers to look forward to their interactions with you because they trust you'll be upfront and reliable in working to solve their challenges. We want you to make the customer feel confident.
- To enjoy a challenge. Working with customers isn't always easy and often presents challenging scenarios and interactions that need to be worked through. You'll need to be optimistic and enjoy working out how to turn these challenges around to find positives and solutions.
This role will have a dramatic influence on Vero's growth.
- 4+ years of BDM (or Inside Sales or Account Management) experience. Ideally in SaaS or other software sales.
- Metrics oriented and proven track record of achievement.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with sales and marketing tools such as Salesforce, Pipedrive, etc.
- Experience working in a BDM/Sales Team of three+ people.
- Salary range $150,000+ AUD.
- Flexible work. Work in the way that produces the best results. Many of our team members work from home one day a week, others come to the office every day and many are completely remote. We’re committed to helping you feel like you can be the happiest and most productive you and always look for the best person to fill a role, regardless of where and how they work.
- Team Retreat. We host an annual team retreat (last year we went to Bali) to get together as a team, challenge the status-quo and explore new parts of the world.
- Set the scene. As our first hire in this area you will have a dramatic impact on how we run things at Vero and the growth of the company. As a small team, you’ll be working with highly motivated, fast-thinking and intelligent team members from multiple walks of life.
- You can learn more about life at Vero on our website.