Digital Designer (Europe)
At Vero, we help customer-focused teams use real-time data to send high quality email messages.
We enable engineers and marketers to work together to track, store and organise their data and workflows to power more useful email campaigns. We've tracked over six billion actions for more than five hundred million end-users and we're growing quickly.
About the role
At Vero we understand the value of design in both our product and our brand. Although you will be joining the design team, your main responsibilities will be working in conjunction with the Marketing Team on web based projects, creating engaging visual content and to overall develop and grow the Vero brand.
The Marketing Team drives all design, development, maintenance, and optimization of Vero's web portals from a customer-facing perspective. Working in conjunction with other teams at Vero, the Marketing Team's objective is to both tell our story in a way that resonates with our target customer and to develop intuitive, informative and innovative content and tools for customers that interact with our web portals.
In this role, you will be using your design skills to help the Marketing Team achieve these goals.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to design and implement on-brand responsive websites and campaign-specific landing pages and tools.
- Design graphics for blog posts, newsletters and social media posts.
- Design and code email marketing templates using best practices.
- Create illustrated elements like icons, infographics, GIFs.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Collaborate with team members to build, maintain and apply a design system for web based projects.
- Scale and amplify Vero’s online presence in new and creative ways.
- Advocate for exceptional design, and contribute to shaping a culture of design at Vero.
- Improve existing code base, architecture and workflows where possible.
- Creative: You are passionate about all things design. Not only can you create stunning visuals that are both on-brand and unique, but you also bring your design perspective to real world problems and help create web experiences that are functional and easy to use.
- Technical: You aren't a full-stack developer, but you’re able to take your visual design work and implement it with HTML, CSS and (sometimes) JS. You're a keen learner and, where you don't know the best way to tackle an implementation problem, are happy to get your hands dirty with our Product and Engineering Team learning how to make your designs a reality.
- Hungry: You are excited for the opportunity to design and guide a brand experience, and to make your mark on a growing company.
- Collaborative: You love working with a team and are adept at explaining design decisions to other members of the team, and helping them to bring their ideas to life. You are also comfortable working with other designers to ensure a consistent design language across all aspects of the company.
- Thoughtful: You view design as a never-ending process, and are always thinking about ways to improve our brand.
- Empathetic: “What would the customer think?” is the first thing that crosses your mind whenever you begin any new design. You’re always looking to better understand those who will interact with your design, so you can make their experience even better.
- Perceptive: You are excited by the challenge of visually explaining complex concepts in accessible ways, you have an eye for details and will not rest until your designs look just as good in real life as it does in the design files.
- You have a strong online portfolio showcasing visual and web design.
- You have a very strong understanding of mobile and responsive web design, with the knowledge to hand-code your designs in HTML and CSS.
- You are a thoughtful and considered communicator who thrives on sharing ideas.
- You have 5+ years experience, possibly even working in a startup environment.
- You are comfortable implementing web pages around frameworks like Wordpress, Jekyll or NodeJS
- You have experience using version control tools such as Git or Bitbucket.
- You have expertise in Sketch, Adobe Creative Studio, Invision Studio, Framer or similar design and prototyping tools.
- A genuine interest in customer experience, data-driven user journeys/marketing automation and a strong understanding of the SaaS/ tech industry.
- You have the discipline to work and engage with remote team members and and drive initiatives forward even if not working together in a physical office.
- You are always striving to improve the effectiveness and usability of your designs.
- (Ideally) Experience building and managing WordPress themes and the WordPress environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work. Work in the way that produces the best results. Many of our team members work from home one day a week, others come to the office every day and many are completely remote. We’re committed to helping you feel like you can be the happiest and most productive you and always look for the best person to fill a role, regardless of where and how they work.
- Team Retreat. We host an annual team retreat (last year we went to Bali) to get together as a team, challenge the status-quo and explore new parts of the world.
- Set the scene. As our first hire in this area you will have a dramatic impact on how we run things at Vero and the growth of the company. As a small team, you’ll be working with highly motivated, fast-thinking and intelligent team members from multiple walks of life.
- You can learn more about life at Vero on our website.